The Employment Opportunity Program assists individuals to obtain and retain jobs in their communities. It also serves area businesses by identifying and pre-screening job candidates whose skills and interests match those required in the job.
The program helps individuals to identify their interests and develop the skills necessary to attain and maintain desired employment.
- Resume writing and role-playing
- Job site development
- Onsite or offsite job coaching
- Support group for persons employed where they can share employment issues and concerns with their peers
- Consultation to the agency’s three multidisciplinary teams, assisting in treatment planning for rehabilitation
- Consultation at the West Haven Mental Health Clinic to consumers who are interested in working
- Consultation to local Boards of Education
- Interview skills/application completion
- Pre-vocational Group – providing volunteer opportunities and hands-on work experience
- Provide transportation when appropriate
- Business Advisory Board
Program hours are flexible depending on the particular situation.